Thursday, February 14, 2008

Weekend of February 8th, 2008

Sorry for the delay! Work is really monopolizing my time these days (what a pain!).
Matt, me, and the boys all went grocery shopping together on Saturday. We went to a new store named Joe Caputo's. It's awesome! There's fresh fruit, veggies, meat, pastries, and most of your everyday grocery store items. There's tons of unique items that I've never heard of and other items that I knew about, but never saw in a grocery store(i.e. calamari). If you have one around you, go and check it out, you won't regret it!
We recently invested in a second Baby Bjorn so both of us could hold a baby while hands free. We put the boys in their snow suits and took them around the store in the Bjorns. It was perfect and the boys were great! When we got to the bakery section, one lady that worked there called over all the other ladies from the back room (I'm talking at least a dozen) and they all OOh'd and AAh'd and talked in some other language I couldn't decipher. Then their manager got mad and yelled at them. In a moment's time, they all scurried back to their positions.
When we got home, Matt went crazy making breads and rolls for the rest of the weekend. When he took one of his breaks, he'd pick up one of the boys. Here he is holding Bryan with Jonathan sleeping in the background.This next picture is of the boys in their firefighter outfits (thanks Marny!) The jean jackets have a big picture of a helmut on the back, then they have matching shirts(from the gal's next door - thanks!) and jeans. They were so cute I had to take a picture. Bryan was being particularly playful that morning and at daycare, he was flirting with anyone that would look his way. I didn't want to go to work, so I hung around for a few minutes to feed Jonathan and play with Bryan. It was torture to leave!!!!
It's really getting harder to leave them these days. I don't know if it's because I don't get to interact with them at night (Matt picks them up from daycare and watches them by himself 'till about 8 or 9) or because they are interacting with me more. How do you guys do it?

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I have no idea who they look like. When I see pics of them with you I think...ah yes, look like mom but the one of Matt and Bryan makes me think maybe Matt.

Oh well, I can't tell who my own kids look like!

Have a great week, and tell Super Dad to keep up the good work!

Oh, and how do you work and still manage...WEEKENDS. I smother them.