Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekend of February 1st, 2008

So the weekend started off with one goal in mind - to have everyone get over their colds. We managed to do so much more! On Saturday morning, I suited up Jonathan in his snow suit (see first picture below) and we headed off to Jewel for some groceries. It easily took us two hours to shop for about a dozen items because of the cuteness. He had such a great time that he slept for a few hours after we got back.Later that day, Matt and I took the big plunge and decided to try and feed the boys some rice cereal. Of course I had to whip out the camera for this! Here's Bryan and his second bite. He didn't really like it, but it was a good first attempt. He really likes the spoon and tried to chew on it every chance he got.
Here's Jonathan after his first attempt. He took to it a lot better than Bryan did. I think it helped that I fed him about 3/4 of his bottle before starting. I'm learning! Notice how I forgot a bib?
Here's Jonathan toward the end of his first cereal meal. He was drenched! He also loved the spoon and will try and grab it from me when he can. Then on Sunday, Matt made some homeade sub rolls for our lunch of cheesesteaks (absolutely delicious!) and when he was cleaning up Jonathan belted out Da-da! I was holding Bryan and Jonathan was on a blanket on the floor - obviously trying to get his daddy's attention! Matt claims that it wasn't really intended and shruggs it off, but I'm counting it as his first words.
Later on, the boys helped us fold clothes and wash dishes. We finally got the boys into their 6 month clothes, so we retired the 0-3 month clothes. The 3 month clothes still fit them nicely, so we'll hold onto them for a few more weeks. We all watched the Super Bowl and slept sweetly (until Jonathan woke up soaking wet). What a great weekend! It doesn't even matter that I still have a stuffy nose.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I LOVE the pictures...they were adorable as usual! Anyway here's hoping for an early spring and the end of winter colds ...stupid groundhog.

{The Tresslers} said...

Very cute! The feeding thing really does get easier and (but much messier!!!).