Monday, March 17, 2008

Rant for the Month

Ok, I normally don't complain to the point of public announcements, but this has really got me going. Almost every day (and seemingly when it's a particularly cold day) when I'm dropping off the boys at daycare, all of the parking spots up front are taken. Now, this wouldn't be such a big deal to me if it was to give up prime walking distance to other non-toddling parents - or even to parents of children younger than let's say 5. It's so annoying to see Mothers (and I really haven't seen any Fathers do this) park their huge trucks in the only three open spots and have their kids jump out and walk themselves inside while I've got to carry not one, but two car seats in. And this is the funny thing, most of the time, those Mothers will see me coming grumpily from up the hill where the other spots are and open the door for me. Seriously!?!
I'm going to make a point of having the boys walk with me from the far away spots when they can comfortably walk. No wonder we have an obesity problem with children today - what kind of message are we sending our kids when we won't even display some courtesy to parents of small children by parking farther away from the door of where were're going. Seriously!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I hear ya sister! Our daycare has an overhang and on rainy days it would be great for those of us that have to carry one 30 lb kid and hold the hand of another 30 lb kid in heels to let us park under or somewhere near the overhang on those mornings. Oh and don't hold the door, I got it, I have a third hand!