Tuesday, January 22, 2008

High Chairs

So, I brought the high chairs up last week and they're actually sitting in them! I was really quite surprised to see it, but there they were, sitting up and smiling back at me. I think they like being up high and being able to see everything that's going on. They don't like being in it while I'm busy with something too long, like the dishes, but when I'm playing with them or eating dinner with them, they're all about those chairs. They have casters on the bottom, so they love it when I roll them close and then away from me while making funny sounds. It's so cute! I think they're going to like eating in them. We've started to give them their bottles while sitting in them when we can. I took a picture of them in their chairs, but I need to connect the camera, so that could be a few days. I'll post it to this entry when I get it.
Last Thursday, Matt took the boys to the Pediatrician for their 4-month shots. They're 5mos old now, but Bryan was sick when they were first scheduled, so the Dr. pushed them both back so they could be on the same schedule. According to Matt, they did great again. They cried while getting the shots (two on one thigh and one on the other), but they were fine once Matt picked them up. Their weights are: Bryan 13lbs, Jonathan 13lbs 7oz. I'm going to be so strong, or have a broken back, one of the two! Their lengths are: Bryan 23 3/4", Jonathan 23 1/2". So Jonathan has pushed ahead on the weight - way to go! The Dr. said that they are developing great and they are no longer "behind because of their prematurity". To clarify, when you have a premature baby, they have an "adjusted" developmental age that gives them extra time to catch up with a normal developing baby. The twins were one month behind because they were one month early. Make sense? That's about all for now. More to come about my first week of "busy season". Wish me luck...and Matt!!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Busy season...this will explain the infrequent posts between now and 4/16!

Brooke said...

Glad to hear the boys are doing great! Post more pics!!!!!!